Sailing is starting!
Further to our previous email, we can now confirm that we are in a position to restart sailing at PYSC. This will initially be on the 6th, 13th and 20th Sept, with free sailing, rather than organised racing. On the water times 9am, 3pm and 9am, respectively. Further dates will follow.
As mentioned before, sailing will be on a limited basis with a number of conditions. The full details of the conditions of sailing are including in guidance documents below. (These will be updated regularly, so please always ensure you are reading the latest version).
* Before you return to sailing, please familiarise yourself with the guidance documents.
* We need protected assistance to launch the rescue boat. Please ensure you bring a face covering and gloves, and ideally your own hand sanitiser.
* Always maintain 2m distance when ashore.
* We will not insist that members sign to say they have read the guidance, as we trust members to do so.
* The OOD will recap key points of sailing guidance during the briefing.
* Initial rescue crews have been briefed on the specifics related to the manning and operation of rescue boats in line with RYA Covid guidance.
* The new procedure for launching and recovery of the rescue boat is on the website and will be briefed by the OOD.
Of particular note, please be aware that initially there will be no access to the clubhouse and no use of water (this includes no toilets, no changing and no boat washing). Please do not attend if you cannot come changed and ready to sail.
We are now looking for volunteer pairings for rescue helm & crew for 13th and 20th. Any offers are appreciated. Please contact Mike Chorlton / Colin Jarvis.
On a separate note, we are currently planning for the AGM, which as you can imagine will take a different format. More to follow soon. However, please be aware that as per our rule, any items for discussion must be provided to the Hon Secretary before 7th Sept.
We're really looking forward to seeing you all (from a safe distance) soon, and if you have any queries please contact any member of the committee.
All the best
(Updated on 04/09/2020)